The Rain Bird Factory Trained Program has designations in these categories
FACTORY TRAINED INSTALLER
Focus: Learn installation procedures and best practices for Rain Bird products and systems.
Central Control Installer – Hardware installation procedures and best practices for all Rain Bird Commercial and Golf Central Control products.
FACTORY TRAINED OPERATOR
Focus: Learn how to operate and maximize the features of the ESP-LX (Series) Controller and/or Rain Bird Central Control software – such as flow management, ET-based programming, communication options and many other features.
There are Operator designations for the following:
- IQ™ v 2.0
- ESP-LX (Series) Controller
- Golf’s Cirrus, Nimbus and Stratus Central Control Systems
FACTORY TRAINED TECHNICIAN
Focus: Learn how to efficiently maintain, troubleshoot and repair system discrepancies in addition to the removal and replacement of hardware components.
There are Technician designations for the following:
Back to top
- Site Survey
- IQ™ v 2.0
- Integrated Control System (ICS)
Becoming a Rain Bird Factory Trained Professional means that you will have completed the highest level of professional training on the installation, operation and maintenance and troubleshooting practices for Rain Bird products and systems.
If you install central control systems, you will receive expert instruction on:
- Installation best practices for Rain Bird Central Control systems so that you can prolong system life, receive fewer service callbacks due to installation problems and achieve the most water-efficient system design for your customers.
If you operate Rain Bird Central Control systems for your customers, you will receive expert instruction on:
- The powerful program features of Rain Bird Central Control such as Flo-Manager™ and Flo-Watch™, ET-based scheduling and remote control using the FREEDOM remote control system, so that you can manage your customer’s system in the most efficient manner possible, while effectively managing their water budgets.
If you provide maintenance services for Rain Bird Central Control systems for your customers, you will receive expert instruction on:
Back to top
- Maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing system discrepancies in addition to the removal and replacement of hardware components.
You can earn Rain Bird Factory Trained designations by completing the qualifying coursework and passing a written exam.
- Register for the Factory Trained course here. <<link to class schedule>> Factory Trained courses are clearly identified.
- Agree to the safety statement and the code of ethics.
- Attend the course and complete all of the required hands-on and practical in-class activities.
- At the end of the course the instructor will administer a written exam. You must score a 70% or higher in order to earn your designation.
- Approximately 3-4 weeks after attending the course and taking the written exam you will receive notification through the mail. If you received a 70% or higher on the written exam, you will receive a certificate and personalized Rain Bird Factory Trained designation mark to use in promoting yourself as Rain Bird Factory Trained
You will receive a renewal policy and guide on how to use the designation marks.
*Designations are only awarded to an individual and not to a company. Designations are good for 3 years, at which time designation will need to be renewed. A complete list of program requirements can be found here.
By using the Factory Trained designation mark in your marketing and advertising materials, you are leveraging the #1 brand in irrigation, Rain Bird. You can use the Rain Bird Factory Trained designation mark on your website, marketing materials and bid proposals.
Earning a Rain Bird Factory Trained designation shows your customers you have the expert knowledge to help them:
- Prolong system life using installation best practices
- Effectively and efficiently gain the most benefits out of powerful Rain Bird Central Control systems
- Lower their water usage and bill while maintaining healthy and beautiful landscapes
In addition to receiving the highest quality training on Rain Bird products and installation, operation and maintenance best practices, you will also receive the following benefits.
- You will receive a personalized certificate demonstrating that you have earned a Rain Bird Factory Trained designation.
- You will receive a Factory Trained designation mark that you use to promote yourself as Rain Bird Factor Trained.
Rain Bird Services has been and will continue to be supportive of the Irrigation Association and the certification programs they offer. We will continue to offer Irrigation Association certification review courses through the Rain Bird Academy program. For more information on the certification review classes offered, please go here. http://www.rainbirdservices.com/Training/RainBirdAcademy/IACourses.htm
No. The Rain Bird Factory Trained Program was developed to train more than just the irrigation contractors. This course was developed for the following:
- Designers who have to balance the requirements of the project with the capabilities of the right product and/or irrigation system.
- Specifiers who are tasked with identifying and “putting together” all the necessary components required to make the product and/or system perform as required by the customer.
- Service Technicians whose assignments are the upkeep, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of the product and/or irrigation system.
- Water Managers who are responsible for the day-to-day operation and reporting documentation of the product and/or irrigation system.