IA’s Certified Irrigation Technician Exam
- CITs are field technicians who install, maintain and repair irrigation systems. CITs:
- Cut and join pipe, know the limitations of different piping systems and understand basic hydraulics.
- Lay out and install piping and water delivery components; backflow prevention components; mechanical, hydraulic and electrical irrigation controls; and other irrigation system components.
- Troubleshoot and repair irrigation components and systems.
To become a CIT, you must:
- Register for the exam. Recommended: six months or 1,000 hours of irrigation-related field experience.
- Pass the irrigation technician exam. The three-hour exam includes 100 equally weighted, multiple-choice questions on basic irrigation principles, basic electrical principles and basic hydraulics.
- Comply with the Select Certified Code of Ethics.
- Remain in good standing. CITs must submit 20 continuing education units per two-year cycle.
Certified Irrigation Technician
Unit 1 Understanding basic irrigation principles
Unit 2 Understanding electrical principles:
Unit 3 Understanding hydraulic principles:
Location Information and Class RegistrationJune 21, 2019
Daytona Beach, FL June 28, 2019
Hattiesburg, MS July 19, 2019
Rock Hill, SC July 26, 2019
Chula Vista, CA August 9, 2019
Phoenix, AZ August 16, 2019
Palm Desert, CA August 23, 2019
Austin, TX October 4, 2019
Charleston, SC October 4, 2019
Hollywood, FL December 13, 2019
Las Vegas, NV