Decoder System Technician
This class will introduce students to decoder systems in general, design principles, and installation techniques. Additional emphasis is given to grounding techniques and using a simple decoder system setup for hands-on operation and troubleshooting common decoder system faults.
Unit 1 Decoder System Overview
Unit 2 Decoder System Design
Unit 3 Decoder System Installation
Unit 4 Grounding and Surge Protection
Unit 5 Troubleshooting Decoder System Faults
Unit 6 Review and Exam
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. Identify common decoder system components.
2. Identify decoder system layouts.
3. Install decoder system components.
4. Properly ground a decoder system.
5. Troubleshoot a short in the decoder two-wire path system.
6. Troubleshoot an open in the decoder two-wire path system.
7. Troubleshoot an earth ground voltage fault in the decoder two-wire path system.
8. Manage and maintain decoder systems.
The participant should have working knowledge of the landscape irrigation system including sprinkler, valve, and controller installation.